About the Programme
The THEi New Faculty Orientation Programme (NFOP) is offered by the Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT). This programme aims to promote excellence in teaching and to prepare new THEi teachers for the outcome-based teaching and learning approach.
The programme is designed for all newly-joined academic staff at THEi.
The programme objectives are as follows:
- enable academic staff to be more attuned to THEi’s philosophy on teaching and learning;
- provide academic staff with quality learning experience by aligning teaching and learning and assessment strategies with their programme’s intended learning outcomes;
- keep academic staff abreast of the current use of e-learning and innovative pedagogical strategies; and
- enable academic staff to reflect on their teaching practices and student learning experiences so as to continue to develop as a professional and skillful teacher.
Programme Learning Outcomes
It is intended that by the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- articulate teaching philosophy of THEi to programme design and module delivery;
- employ appropriate instructional and assessment strategies to enhance student learning;
- apply e-learning and innovative pedagogical strategies to enhance teaching and learning; and
- reflect upon one’s teaching philosophy and practice as part of their professional development.
The programme comprises four modules, with three taught modules (M1-M3) and a module (M4) to reflect on participants’ teaching and learning. The duration of each face-to-face learning module is three hours, with a total of twelve programme hours.
Mode of Delivery
A range of teaching and learning activities such as lectures, discussions, group work and computer-based learning would be used.
To complete the programme, participants are required to attend Modules 1 to 3 and complete ONE option in Module 4.
A Certificate of Accomplishment will be issued after fulfilling the above requirements.
|M1||Outcome-based Teaching and Learning in Higher Education||24 Aug 2017
|9:30am-12:30pm||Rm. 711 THEi
(Tsing Yi Campus)
|M2||Facilitating Student Learning in Undergraduate Education||24 Aug 2017
|2:00pm-5:00pm||Rm. 711 THEi
(Tsing Yi Campus)
|M3||Using e-Learning to Enhance Teaching||25 Aug 2017
|2:00pm-5:00pm||Rm. 1004, 10/F
(VTC Tower, Wanchai)
|M4||Teaching Reflection#||(A) Reflective Journal||31 December 2017|
|(B) Class Observation||September to December 2017|
#Participants are required to fulfil ONE option in M4 after completion of M1-M3.